Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Drunken Raisin Cookies

I found this recipe in my grandma's index card notebook. This is where she kept many recipes, all written in her hand writing. When I found this, I immediately begged my mom to keep her recipes.What a treasure!
In my grandma's stylish southern accent, I can still hear her say, ' Would you like a drunken raisin cookie'? She loved these cookies, as do I. I thought it would make a perfect first entry.

DRUNKEN RAISIN COOKIES:

1 Box Butter Pecan cake mix
2 Eggs   Beat well
2/3 C. Cooking oil
1 T. Karo syrup

Mix 1 t. soda with cake mix, then mix all the above throughly.
Add 2 cups old fashioned oats, 1 C. raisins soaked in apricot brandy, 3 or 4 hours ( overnight is better). Go grandma!! Drain.

Mix all ingrediants and chill at least one hour. ( Longer is better)
Make 1" balls and dip in a sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
Place 1/2 a pecan on top of ball, press down a little.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes on a ungreased cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment